Helping Pittsburg Businesses Thrive
Our goal is simple.....to help your business grow.
This is not your parent’s chamber of commerce!
Let’s face it. We all know that businesses don’t operate the way they used to 20, 10 or even 5 years ago. In response, we defined a new way to spur innovation, drive economic development, and empower local businesses big and small.
Learn more below.
"Behind every small business, there is a story worth knowing"
To achieve the Chamber's mission we focus our efforts on three strategic areas:
The Pittsburg Chamber actively works on being a CATALYST for businesses and community growth. Though at times we may need to make hard choices or take an unpopular stand, we believe a catalyst means our actions and words work toward improving the bottom line of businesses and the community.
Our efforts in this area consist of:
* Being an advocate for businesses with area, local, county, and, if possible, state governments
* Working on programs and resources for local businesses such as Support Now Shop Later, and Small Business Saturday. * * * Focusing on workforce development with programs such as Manufacturing Day and Job Boards
* Assisting in the recruitment and retention of businesses by working directly with the business on their specific needs, providing educational programs and training, and more.....
Our Chamber works at bringing leaders and influencers together to promote positive outcomes for local businesses. That means:
* Connecting businesses and partners to available resources
* Connecting businesses that have a common issue in order to solve them - such as our Restaurant Alliance
* Bringing legislators before business to hear about how their decisions are affecting the business community
The Pittsburg Chamber brings people together for the betterment of business and the community.
As an organization that works to make the city of Pittsburg a great place to live, work, and visit, the Pittsburg Chamber works to be an overall champion of the City. Whether it’s fighting for a cause, promoting a business, educating on the city’s many attributes, or sharing a story, we’re here to make sure you know how great Pittsburg is.
No Time? No Problem!
Even if you don't have time to be involved, the Chamber does and is working at helping your business grow. In fact, 75 percent of our members are not actively involved. They join and renew each year to ensure that their needs are heard, and that the Chamber can continue strengthening our local economy and advocating for public policy that will support a healthy business climate.